As one of Ontario’s established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Concrete Mixer Driver who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction. Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is part of the John Aarts Group Ltd. responsible for the Supply of Concrete material.
A Concrete Mixer Driver is required to report to their hired location daily. Driving may occur in all types of weather conditions. A varied degree of physical labour will be required.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Deliver concrete material to/from various job locations
- Ensure material is secure for safe transportation
- Perform pre and post-trip truck inspections
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, violations or damages to supervisor
- Provide professional and effective customer service
- Maneuver truck on job site, following signals from ground crew
- Complete all required documentation
- Maintain positive company image in appearance, conduct, and communication
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Other duties as assigned
How you WOW us
- Valid DZ or AZ License with clean abstract
- 1 year of Concrete Mixer Driver experience is preferred
- Previous experience as a DZ or AZ Truck Driver is an asset
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary, including the occasional Saturday shift
- Familiar with Ministry of Transportation and Highway Traffic Act regulations including weight and tie downs
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Basic Computers skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Great team and work environment
- Training provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
- Teamster union member after completion of probationary period, as part of the union agreement you will be included in:
- RRSP participation
- Boot and Tool allowance
- Vacation pay
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.