As one of Southwestern Ontario’s largest construction teams, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes heavy civil construction, vertical forming, asphalt, and concrete and aggregate supply is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction, reporting to the Safety and Compliance Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an overall coordination function for all occupational health, safety, and environmental policies at the John Aarts Group of Companies. They will actively promote a health and safety culture to all level of employees.
While supporting a construction environment you will spend periods of time working within an office environment and at site locations throughout the year and in various physical and environmental conditions. You will have the ability to work the occasional evenings and weekends. Your support during incident investigations may require you to work outside of your normal work hours.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Promote occupational health, safety and environmental measures throughout the organization and act as a resource to the John Aarts Group.
- Assist with the development and implementation of health, safety and environmental policies, and procedures.
- Play a key role in the development and administration of a COR™ program.
- Help administer the health and safety database.
- Assist in any WSIB claims, return to work programs, and injury case management.
- Assist in the management of all incident investigations, cause, and corrective actions.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of all employee health, safety and environmental training and meetings, including new employee orientations.
- Assist with compliance and correspondence of the legislative requirements of applicable Ministry and other regulatory agencies.
- Be a key driver in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- Perform inspections of projects, open pit mines, facilities, equipment shop and other work sites.
- Maintenance of all hazardous product records and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Maintain and organize all required PPE and any health and safety related tools, supplies and documents.
- Actively participate in any training programs and courses as directed by Management relevant to the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How you WOW us
- 3+ years practical experience in a construction and/or mining health and safety role is preferred.
- Diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Experience with COR™ development, administration, and implementation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant regulations.
- Up to date safety training including First Aid/CPR, Working at Heights, JHSC certification.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to create, edit and maintain accurate reports and data.
- Proficiency in computer software; strong Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Must be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people for training and presentations.
- Required to reach, bend, lift and carry.
- Personal protective equipment is required to be worn at most work locations and will include various types.
- Driving in all weather types and conditions.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Highly competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Referral Bonuses
- Company paid benefits
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential.
- Skill building, training opportunities, career support
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People and Culture Department.