As one of Ontario’s established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Construction Project Coordinator who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction, reporting to Project Managers. The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting project managers and field supervisory staff in the day-to-day management and coordination of construction projects.
While supporting a construction environment you will be working both on construction sites and within an office environment. You will have the ability to work the occasional evenings and weekends. Your support may be required outside of normal work hours. Overtime required as necessary for completion of projects.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Assist the Project Manager in planning, coordinating and supervising construction activities including crew and equipment.
- Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects by implementing the John Aarts Group Health and Safety Program.
- Contract Management
- Maintain accurate cost control plans by entering daily units of completion and processing timecards and material packing slips for payment and cost control updates.
- Track and review project change orders and change directives.
- Expedite progress payment certificates, final payment certificates and all extra work orders as per contract.
- Project Planning & Procurement
- Maintain and manage plans, specifications, cost, material estimates, subcontracts and related reports.
- Establish, monitor and initiate updates to construction work schedules.
- Coordinate proper procurement of construction materials ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of purchase orders.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting and identification of resource requirements.
- Prepare estimates and budgets through direct quantity takeoffs and soliciting information and quotations from suppliers or sub trades.
- Prepare and maintain submittal logs for each project. Assist in the coordination and review of shop drawings and miscellaneous submittals.
- Prepare project start up submissions including any required plan submissions (road permits, traffic control plans, watermain commissioning plans, etc.)
- Field Management & Support
- Monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and participate in status and schedule meetings.
- Ensure utility locates are ordered and maintained for project lifecycle.
- Ensure project GPS Data files are updated and assist field operations as needed in file uploads to equipment.
- Arrange and conduct construction field services as required.
- Maintain daily diary for each project.
- Calculate all productivity and material yields.
- Communicate effectively with various subcontractors responsible for completing each phase of the project.
How you WOW us
- Diploma or degree in construction engineering or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Bluebeam is an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft word, excel, project)
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Highly competitive wage
- Paid vacation
- Referral Bonuses
- Company paid benefits
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential.
- Skill building, training opportunities, career support
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, end of season holiday parties and so much more!
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People & Culture Department.