As one of Ontario’s established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Concrete Pump Operator who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction. Concrete Forming (1980) is part of the John Aarts Group Ltd. responsible for concrete forming and specializes in multi-residential and commercial buildings.
The Concrete Pump Operator is responsible for driving a 2022 41m Alliance pump truck. You may visit multiple job sites in a day. Overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Safely operate and drive a 2022 41m Alliance pump truck
- Complete and document required safety inspections
- Set up, operation, and maintenance of tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on the truck
- Clean out pumps after completion of job
- Communicate with other workers using signals and radios to start and stop flows of material
- Record pump information such as product, quantity pumped and operating times
- On-site troubleshooting and light repairs as necessary, communicate with mechanics if required
- Return truck to appropriate yard at end of day and ensure truck is clean and free of concrete
- Represent the company through efficient work and courteous service
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Complete other duties as assigned
How you WOW us
- AZ/DZ licence with a clean abstract
- 2-5 years of concrete pump operating experience
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 75lbs
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary
- Basic computer skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Great team and work environment
- Training provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
- Liuna Local 1059 union member after completion of probationary period, as part of the union agreement you will be included in:
- RRSP participation
- Boot and tool allowance as per agreement
- Vacation pay
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People & Culture Department.