As one of Ontario’s established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction, reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to Accounts Receivable management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
While supporting a construction environment you will be working within an office environment. You will have the ability to work the occasional evenings and weekends. Your support may be required outside of normal work hours.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Process accounts receivable transactions
- Prepare cash receipts for processing
- Perform account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner at both A/R to G/L and at the individual customer A/R sub-account level
- Facilitate collection efforts and associated functions in accordance with job contracts and company policies/procedures
- Maintain collection goals and general accounts receivable performance levels
- Perform consistent and timely vendor statement communications
- Maintain customer records in an accurate and confidential manner
- Resolve any deduction and/or account dispute with the assistance of management and in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate as necessary.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
How you WOW us
- Diploma or degree in accounting, business or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in an accounts receivable and collections role
- Project based Accounts Receivable experience is an asset
- Experience with ERP system implementation is an asset
- Experience with account collection is an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in excel
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Highly competitive wage
- Paid vacation
- Referral Bonuses
- Company paid benefits
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential.
- Skill building, training opportunities, career support
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People & Culture Department.